"Writing is the painting of the voice"

Friday, November 20, 2015

Happy One Month Anniversary on the New Job at DHI

It was exactly 30 days ago, on 20th October 2015, I joined Druk Holding Investments (DHI) as a New Executive Secretary to CEO. I was excited but at the same time bit nervous that time. Thank god that I got a friend, Dorji Wangdi, who also joined on the same day as New Executive Secretary to Chariman. I still remember the funny incident that took place on our first day. “Oi what do we have to carry?” asked Dorji Wangdi to me, a night before our first day at work. “Just bring a Khadar, white scarf, to put on your office chair,” I replied. And we decided to report to our office by 8:50am. 

I saw Dorji Wangdi waiting for me outside DHI gate when my sister came to drop me in the morning around 8:40am.Both of us walked inside the DHI gate on 20th October 2015, which is considered a very good day according to Bhutanese Zakar, as a regular employees. I dont know whether he prayed but I prayed for our success, happiness and prosperity as we walked in. We saw people busy chatting in groups and some carrying Khadars in their hands while some were busy searching for one. As soon as HR sir saw us, he asked “Did you two bring Khadars?” “Yes, we did,” we replied. “Very good, today New Finance Dircetor is joining DHI, so we kept a modest reception and tendrel ceremony for her. You can also join us….” HR sir added. We just nodded in reply.

Then, around 10 am, the Tendrel ceremony started. We all DHI members went in new Director’s office one by one and offered our khadars. Dorji and I, while eating Desi and drinking Suja looked at each other and laughed out loud thinking about our Khadars. We weren't really upset for having no one wish us with khadars but we jokingly teased  each other saying something like "a day will come when we will also be welcomed like the way we just welcomed our new Director." Then, surprisingly, my sister brought khadars for us as well. She actually came to congrulate our New Director since they are good friends. However, she congratulated me and Dorji as well with khadars and good wishes. I don’t know what Dorji felt that time but I got really touched. THANK YOU Sister. You made my day!

After the tendrel, HR sir showed me my temporary office which is located nearby Dr. Damber’s office. HR sir informed me that I have to shift my office to the next building once new CEO of DHI is appointed. I got to know few people on first day itself and I promised to myself to work on knowing all the DHI staff as soon as possible.

During lunch time, Dorji and I decided to go out for lunch. We figured out that some of the DHI staff bring pack lunch while some of them go home for lunch. Dorji and I also decided to bring pack lunch from next day onwards. “I wish today is the 30th Day since we joined DHI” said Dorji Wangdi while we were walking towards DHI office after our lunch. “Look, it will come soon.. don’t worry” I replied. He didn’t give much explanations for he knows that I understand it .

And today, after 30 days, we went out for lunch together. “Do you know what day is today?” I asked to Dorji as we were walking towards the canteen. “November 20 tae” he replied. I waited for him to realize it but he didn’t. “Do you know on which day we joined DHI?” I continued. “October 20….(he paused) ohhhh! ONE month huh??” he said with a smiley face. “See I told you your wish will come true and when it did, you didn’t even know,” I said.

Actually, I myself got so surprise noticing how fast the time went. One MONTH at DHI and within a month I come to know a lot of people. We started eating lunch together with other DHI staff. We always go for walk in group after the lunch and during the short walk we always have hot discussion on topics related to politics, religion, current affairs and stories. Through such interaction, I got close with some of them and I am still getting to know some of them. Moreover, I got quite clear idea about my roles and responsibilities and yes, I got shifted to my office.

Today I am just sitting down in my new office and reflecting on the past 30 days with a smiley face and happy heart. I am thinking of everyone who have made me who I am and feeling thankful towards them. I am happy to be here. And I wish may my days at DHI continue to go as the way has been going since the day I joined. I hope Dorji is feeling the same J.
Happy One Month Anniversary on the New Job at DHI to us, Dorji Wangdi and Dorji Om.

Now, I am excitedly looking forward for my new Boss’s arrival. …

No comments:

Post a Comment